Tuesday, August 26, 2008

apple-fest continues.

stayed up late making pies last night. lots of fun. haven't baked like that in a while. tried a new recipe for the crust- ina garten's. nicest dough i think i've worked with, but hers always is (thinking of her raspberry thumbprints- mmmm).

ben woke up (at 5:30!) ready for pie. lots of "mmms" and "mores". very cute.

the whole pie-making venture made me think of the movie waitress with keri russell. cried my eyes out watching that movie, which is not normal for me. that movie got to me though. no one should have to be that sad and lonely.

but the pies. she put it all into the pie. love and hate and desire and caring. a touch of magical realism, no?

"Baby don't you cry, gonna make a pie, gonna make a pie with a heart in the middle. Baby don't be blue, gonna make for you, gonna make a pie with a heart in the middle. Gonna make a pie from heaven above, gonna be filled with strawberry love. Baby don't you cry, gonna make a pie, and hold you forever in the middle of my heart. "

another waitress quote:

Jenna: Cal, are you happy? I mean, when you call yourself a happy man, do you really mean it? Cal: You ask a serious question, I'll give you a serious answer: Happy enough. I don't expect much. I don't get much, I don't give much. I generally enjoy whatever comes along. That's my answer for you, summed up for your feminine consideration. I'm happy enough.

No comments: